Skylight ideas can be a powerful means to create a more open space. By installing a skylight, you let the area to have extra natural light which is the key to make the room seemed larger than it actually does.
A skylight plays a big role in providing you with luminescence both during days and nights. They help you to see things clearly. When nights come, you can watch the stunning stars sparkle with their beautiful lighting in the sky.
- 1 Smart Compromise with the Window
- 2 Rustic Ceiling with Skylight Ideas
- 3 Vaulted Ceiling for Perfect Skylight
- 4 Unique Look with Skylight Ideas
- 5 Natural Lighting in the Morning
- 6 Skylight Ideas for Better Life
- 7 Skylight for a Bright Living Room
- 8 Overload Natural Light
- 9 Unleash the Natural Light
- 10 Gorgeous Bathroom Skylight
Smart Compromise with the Window
Having a skylight on the ceiling can definitely make your room brighter. It means you can save some electricity bills. It can also be a clever way of decorating the room, especially the ceiling.
In this room, the skylights make a great combination with the windows. They allow you to enjoy the nice view of the ocean on the other side of the window from your room while working.
Rustic Ceiling with Skylight Ideas
This room has a strong sense of rustic judging from the application of time-worn wooden flooring and ceiling. The furniture is in white but it doesn’t really bright.
It means the room would look dark if there’s no skylight installed on the ceiling. That’s why it can be said as a nice creation of a room with sufficient lighting.
Vaulted Ceiling for Perfect Skylight
The width of the skylight decides the brightness of the room – the wider, the brighter. A vaulted ceiling has so many benefits. Not only does it have a great shape, but it also provides you with excessive lighting.
You can make your room even brighter by applying white color scheme on other surfaces such as the walls, furniture, or even ceiling, too.
Unique Look with Skylight Ideas
This kitchen apparently has a stunning ceiling design with skylights, too. It is high enough for you to feel the airy atmosphere infusing some good energy. The skylights are precisely set above where it becomes a great source of natural lighting.
The ceiling has a remarkable wooden construction, which becomes the center of attention here. The kitchen looks clean with accessories that are well arranged in the cabinets.
- The kitchen has an island along with two adorable wooden chairs. The chairs are purposefully painted in the nifty accent tone to rest your sight from all the plain neutral hues.
- The skylights create shade in the center of the kitchen. And it becomes the perfect spot to set the dining table.
Natural Lighting in the Morning
Skylight ideas can be installed in many different areas or rooms, including the bedroom. A high place felt breezy and it makes a perfect place for installing a skylight.
This room has a subtle touch of contemporary and minimalism which fits well with the skylights.
The room shows its elegance and glamour side with levitating wooden bed and a dark wooden headboard that looks intimidating yet amazing. The lighting shines perfectly on the bed that makes the dark surfaces looked shiny.
Skylight Ideas for Better Life
This sleeping zone with a raised bed set has more than enough lighting with two enormous skylights on both sides. The skylights leave a green reflection on the surfaces resulted from the plants in the room.
With such a bright condition, you won’t need to turn the lights on when reading books during the day. Beneath the floating bed, there’s some warm light that makes the room look cozy and welcoming, especially at nights when the main lights are turned off.
Skylight for a Bright Living Room
The living room isn’t an exception when it comes to skylights. A picture speaks a thousand words and that what explains this situation.
This living room has two major sources for illumination which are the windows and the skylights. The lovely wooden paneling in this room will make any occupant feels at home.
Overload Natural Light
Surrounded by doors and windows all over the place, this living room has the best natural lighting of all. If you fancy having an open-like room, this will be perfect for you. You can see the outside through those glasses in this room.
- If you don’t mind people seeing or knowing what you’re doing inside, this amazing home will be perfect for you — it could blind you with its huge amount of lighting during broad daylight, though. Thus, get curtains installed will do.
- The skylights’ setting practically allows you to feel what it’s like to be outdoors when you’re indoors.
Unleash the Natural Light
How about the bathroom? Well, as you can see in the picture, a skylight fits to be installed here as well. With a great layout, this bathroom could make you spend a good relaxing time inside, because it has so many great aspects.
Gorgeous Bathroom Skylight
This is another idea of skylights installation in the bathroom. This one has a large skylight and a huge showerhead right under it. It’s like accepting the water directly from the sky.
- This bathroom is adorned with greenery on the walls to create a natural feel. The setting mimics that of the real wild out there.
- It features a combination of huge wall tiles and wood paneling wall, creating a neutral ambiance that you can enjoy while having a shower.
To sum it up, the ideas of installing skylight are varied. You could have it installed in any rooms, like the living room or bathroom, as well as any ceiling layouts, such as the vaulted roof or even more unique one.
Skylight ideas should be planned with the right calculation and design. Make sure the blueprint fits with the style you desire and, of course, your budget because a splendid design requires a lot of money.