While adult bedrooms may function as a place to rest and a source of comfort, a kid’s bedroom should be more than that. They will be likely to spend more time in their bedroom to play, read, study, and learn about new things. Being creative with your kids room ideas would give them a space to cultivate their imagination and thus shape their personality.
How to do it? Well, the first thing you have to do is to bring out the kids in you. See what your kids are into and provide them with safe, stimulating activities inside their bedroom.
Wall Climbing Bedroom
Whether you are decorating a boy or a girl’s room, a wall with climbing points will be an exciting feature to put in a bedroom. To create this, you can simply install climbing points on a concrete wall or put modular climbing panels on one of the walls. It is advisable that you consult to a wall climbing professional to decide the safest area to install the points.
For added safety, cushion the floor with a soft mattress covering the climbing area. If you have smaller kids, consider making an angled climbing wall so that the chance of falling over is smaller. The points should be installed strong enough that it can also hold adults’ weight.
Last but not least, think about the height of the climbing spot. When you want it only as a fun activity, don’t challenge the kids by creating a full-length floor to ceiling climbing wall.
Let Them Have Fun with an Indoor Playground
A playground could be a place where your kids can play and learn. If you have enough space, building an indoor playground for them can be a positive move. The key to a perfect indoor playground is that it should hold their attention and provide various activities. There are some crucial features that need to be included in the area:
- Bookshelves and Reading Nook : Books are a source of knowledge. It sparks your kids’ imagination and also stimulates their cognitive skills. Creating a comfortable nook with organized bookshelves should be on your list in making a fun playground for kids A reading nook can be simply made from a comfortable lounging sofa or mattress with some throw-pillows on it. It should be comfy and has adequate lightings to help your kids read better.
- Art and Craft Corner : An art and craft corner can be placed near the study desk, or you can have a special area for it. The fact that every kid likes to experiment with art and craft should inspire you in encouraging their creative side. Remember to provide organized storage for the art supplies like papers, paints, and other utilities.
- Toy Organizer : To keep the area tidy, you need to have enough organizers in the playground area. To do that, you can use separated containers for each type of toys. Containers usually have lids, and your kids will also find it easy to tidy up their own toys.
Inspiring LEGO for Kids Room Ideas
Been around since 1958, Lego is considered as one of the best educational toys for kids. It builds motor skill, encourages cooperative playing, and train the kids’ problem-solving skills. Whether you are decorating a girl or boy’s room, a Lego theme can be one of kids room ideas to try.
There are many Lego décor that you can find online. You can also set up themed Lego murals like Star Wars Lego or create Lego-themed furniture for the room. If your kids are a Lego collector, displaying some of it on an organized shelf will be great décor.
Colorful and Patterned Kids Room Ideas
Color determines the ambiance of a bedroom. By choosing a colorful theme for the kids room ideas, you are creating an energetic and cheerful room for them. Below are some tips to help you choose the right combination of colors.
- Use a Color Wheel : Buy a color wheel on an art supply store or at a paint store. The color wheel usually shows the primary, secondary, and tertiary colors. Choosing one primary color and two of its secondary colors should be an easy pick. The most effective way is to put several color side by side and see which one looks good and applicable.
- Start with Your Kid’s Favorite Color : Boys tend to like colors like blue, black, and bright orange, while girls often choose pink and violet. You can ask them which one is their favorite color and combine it with other colors from the color wheel. However, most kids don’t really care about color coordination. To deal with this, their favorite color should be in the focal features while other colors compliment.
- Soften It Out with Neutral : To avoid having too much crashing colors on a bedroom, you should always soft the theme out with neutral colors. Beige, white, and wood tones should be applied to the furniture to keep the theme balanced.
Magic Indoor Tree House
If there is one thing that every kid loves, it must be a tree house. Creating a faux tree house inside their bedroom can be an amazing idea especially if you have boys that share their bedroom. Using features like a rope bridge, ladders, and hammocks, you can have outdoor fun inside.
What about safety? To help you with this, make sure you install a cushioning carpet on all over the floor. Boys tend to play physically, and it can minimize the chance of harm when they are running around the bedroom.
Simple Fun Chalkboard
If you have toddlers and kids around, chances are that you have experienced messy doodles on your walls. With a giant chalkboard inside the room, you would not have to deal with it anymore. To make a fun chalkboard corner, you can simply buy chalkboard paint in a supply store.
The creative kids will love having this kind of corner as they can freely draw anything on the DIY chalkboard. Still, you have to be aware of the use of chalk in younger kids as it can be harmful.
More Kids Room Ideas
The perfect kids room ideas should be the one that is creative, imaginative, and safe at the same time. To have the right theme and feature, you should also see the personality and the needs of your kids so that they can enjoy their time in the bedroom.